Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The 2012 NOT Back to School Blog Hop - SCHOOL ROOM

Not Back to School Blog Hop

So excited to be able to participate in the 2012 Not Back-to-School Blog Hop! This week its all about our school rooms.  

It has taken me a while to clean up our school but it is finally done!!!  I should have taken the before pictures but instead just went right into cleaning mode.  So here is our school room:

This is where I keep on hand crafts, puzzles, folders etc.  Soon there will be a large white board covering that red wall :0( I love red! But it is necessary!

 

This is the poster that is on the white cabinet.  I found it months ago and knew I would put it up for the new year.  My plan is for the boys to read it daily.


Here are where the boys will be doing their school work.  They have their own desks and wall.  The walls  have two large magnet boards; we bought these from IKEA last year (very inexpensive!)


I am still looking for new desks.  I want something that will last them for a long while as well as chairs. I don't want to buy them school chairs that they will grow out of quickly.  Any suggestions?? I saw months ago a special chair that gives them good posture and they can grow into it... BUT I can't find the name of it :0(



This what is above each of the boys desks.  Here I plan on putting up weekly/daily bible verse and their reading / spelling charts as well as any art, science any project that they would like to display!

These are some posters I have up on the opposite wall.  They might stay until I find use for this wall.


NOW.... MOMMY's AREA!!!

This is a mantle that was here because we used to have a TV... but NO LONGER!! So Ihave used it as storage.  It needs reorganizing!  Below the mantle is all the things that are leaving the house!!  YAY!!!  Soon I will have another IKEA EXPEDIT Book Shelve to store all my SonLight material.


This table is next to the mantle...Sorry there is a mess... but this is where I do all my cutting.  I also sit here away from the quiet school area to do one on one work with the boys.

Mommy's Office (right in front of the white table)


My Storage...lots of bible material, phonics etc.


This is where it all happens!


Back to the school area.  This is just a front view of the Expedit Book Shelf.
(YES... THOSE ARE BOXES of ALL THE Curriculum THAT IS WAITING TO BE PUT OUT!!!  SOON AND VERY SOON!!)  Some Curriculum... All About Reading/Spelling!! and Games on the bottom!

Here I keep all paper, paint, stickers, extra pencils, glue crayons, markers, glitter... anything I don't want the boys to get into without my supervision!!  It has happened and it was not fun cleaning up!


Well that is our school room!  Hope you enjoyed the tour!
If you would like to read about the curriculum we are using you can go here.

For His Glory and By His Grace,
Monica




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...