Monday, May 21, 2012

God's Blue Print for Marriage

Med. Two Shall Become One
Have you ever wondered why you married your spouse?  (Please do not stop reading! There is a point to this post!) Was it only because you loved him?  Was it because you saw a great future with him?  Have you wondered what the purpose of your marriage is?

I have said and heard many wives say, "God joined us with a purpose".  When I had said that, I envisioned GREAT things!  I saw us ministering together as a couple is so many areas.

The love story that I live started 17 years ago, when my husband and I met. Our friendship turned into love.  We were God's design for each other. Are love for each other is true and unconditional.  Yes, we do get upset, we do have our ups and downs, we don't understand each other everyday (sometimes because of the way our minds translates the others language!) but we love each other and know we were created for each other with a purpose in the heart and mind of God.

PurposeThe reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.

So what is the purpose of my marriage?  What is God's reason for our "I do's"? What is the end result of the existence of our marriage? What is God's blueprint for my marriage?  HIS BLUEPRINT WILL ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS!

God has a purpose for my marriage and your marriage.  Many times we lose focus of that purpose with the demands of life.  Our home must be tended to, our children, taken care of and educated, our husbands cared for, ministries we are part of, jobs to go to, classes to teach, our lists can go on and on.  I want to share with you what God showed me through His Word. The purpose of the love that joined my husband and I together goes beyond our love for each other and our plans.  I have been focusing on how to have a better marriage by looking at how to better our finances, our communication/ understanding, our intimacy,  my role as a wife, his role as a husband, when really that is all secondary (please do not misunderstand me, it is NOT bad to better these areas).  God wants me to look at His blueprint, first.  When I follow His blueprint all of the other areas in my marriage that I want to better will better itself.  Our (my husband and I) focus has to be what His purpose is for our marriage NOT what we think His purpose is for our marriage.

I hope you would join me next Monday for Part 2 of God's Blue Print for Marriage, as we go to the Word of God and discover God's purpose for our marriages.

********************************************************************************************************

Two Shall Become One Marriage Link-Up

I invite you to join me every Monday for this 
"Two Shall Become One" Marriage Link-Up.

Please share your post on any and all things related to being a wife, i.e. tips for other wives on "becoming your husbands bride", ways to touch your husbands heart/minister to him, dating ideas, what God is doing in your marriage that can bless others, etc. 

Link to your actual post, not just your general blog address. Don't forget to link back, either by using the button below or a text link. You can find the button code below for you to insert in your post or on your side bar.  I hope you would follow this blog and be encouraged weekly to start your weeks as "his bride".



Two Shall Become One

5 comments:

  1. You are so right. It's good to think about God's purposes in our marriage. One very important purpose is to smooth our rough edges (as iron sharpens iron). Thanks for sharing and for the link up. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica...love this! God has a purpose in all He does including our marriages. How awesome is that to think about? I look forward to next Monday and what you share about the God's blueprint for marriages. My shared link is an older post but I wanted to share it anyhow. :o) Thank you linking up at WJIM today precious friend. I so enjoying reading what the Lord lays on your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog. I need it. My husband loves the saying from Gary Thomas, "What if marriage was intended to make you holy and not happy."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two weeks into dating, my husband and I knew we'd be together forever. Almost 20 years later, we're still madly in love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How right you are! When we put God first in our marriage it helps you stay centered and not depend on your feelings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...